As the Director of Business Planning and Operations, you will support Bidmachine in the development and execution of transformational projects to improve the operating results, efficiency, and strategic positioning of Bidmachine as a part of the Stack holding. This position will support the development and implementation of operating processes, development of the strategic plan through market and financial modeling, and category plans through analysis and financial modeling.
This position will report to the Stack holding CRO and CEO and will work closely with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams helping to lead important initiatives and operational capabilities. Strong strategic planning skills, financial modeling, and new partnership models will be important. The ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of teams and personalities is essential.
What you’ll do / own:
- Facilitate internal tracking and reporting of progress and results across strategic and operational execution initiatives, as well as strategic investment prioritization;
- Identify opportunities, strategies, operational and process improvements to meet short and long term goals for growth and profit.
- Own the strategic planning and category level models;
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution;
- Partner with the leadership team and cross-functionally to develop business plans, structure company initiatives, identify key themes and mitigation plans, and make connections for opportunities across functional areas;
- Provide insights to the business through analysis and market research (e.g. market, customer, competitive);
- Work across the teams to develop and measure business case results and metrics, and drive action plan changes as needed.
The ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or equivalent project management experience in an e-commerce/marketplace company;
- Experience managing and tracking multiple projects. Experience in data analysis and data visualization;
- Experience establishing new processes and cadence within organizations;
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure;
- Strong business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and influence stakeholders and strong personalities within a complex business environment;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with a proven track record of building strong relationships and influencing business direction with key stakeholders;
- Exceptional analytical and modelling capabilities;
- MBA/Master’s degree in a management, technical or finance field preferred but not required;
- On the ground experience with consumer technology, marketplace preferred. Management consulting experience with high growth businesses;
- Experience leading growth, monetization, strategy initiatives. Experience with category and cohort planning and analysis.